15 % - Provide onsite support to simple ICT equipment task such as, but not limited to, troubleshooting issues with printers, desktops, laptops, installation of authorized software, and etc. 15 % - Performs onsite routine check, and if necessary, complete the simple installation of ICT software and equipment (e.g. printers, access points, cabling, antiviruses, etc.) 15 % - Maintains the stock room of ICT equipment and document ICT equipment that requires repair. 15 % - Assist the CMT IIs and IIIs in the performance of their duties. This includes assisting in troubleshooting simple tasks, responding to requests made on the phone, email or the agency’s ticketing requests systems, and documenting requests, and solution provided. 15 % - Prepare documents for clearances with the ICTO for exiting agency personnel 10 % - Perform such other duties as may be assigned to him or her.
Education: Bachelor’s degree relevant to the job Experience: None Required Training: None Required Eligibility: Career Service (Professional)/ Second Level Eligibility
• Can work under pressure and with minimal supervision • Good in oral and written communications/technical writing • Good inter-personal relationship and work attitude • Good moral character and work ethics
All interested applicants must submit their application together with the following documents to https://bit.ly/TESDAOnlineRecruitmentForm not later than October 3, 2022:
- Intent Letter indicating the position, office where the vacancy exists and its Item Number);
- Duly accomplished Personal Data Sheet (CSC Form 212 Revised 2017) (printed in legal size paper) subscribed and sworn to with Work Experience Sheet (attachment to CSC Form 212, Revised 2017 can be downloaded at the CSC website);
- Service Records for TESDA applicants or applicants from other government agencies OR Certificate/s of Employment for outside applicants;
- List of supervisory/managerial training programs training programs attended indicating the number of training hours together with the certified photocopies of training certificates;
- Performance Evaluation System (PES) Ratings for Calendar Year 2021 for outside applicants OR CESPES Ratings for CY 2021 OR Individual Performance Commitment Review (IPCR) ratings for January to June 2022 (with at least Very Satisfactory Rating) for TESDA applicants or applicants from other government agencies;
- Copy of previous appointment for TESDA applicants or applicants from other government agencies;
- Accomplishments/Achievements done during the last three (3) years to be endorsed by the Head of Office;
- List of at least five (5) references with complete contact details and email addresses for the following categories:
- Subordinates (if applicable)
- Clients (if applicable)
- Certified true copy of transcript of records/diploma;
- Authenticated copy of Eligibility by CSC or PRC;
- Certificate of Completion on TESDA’s Online Course entitled “Practicing COVID 19 Preventive Measures in the Workplace”;
- Awards related to Performance (proof of evidences in the form of citation, medal, plaque, for awards/rewards received) (if applicable);
- Expert Services (Resource Person/Speaker/Moderator/Panelist) (if applicable); and
- Committees/ TWGs Participation (proof of evidences in the form of memorandum, office order, and/or certification/certificates) (if applicable)
“TESDA, as an Equal Opportunity agency, encourages a more diverse and inclusive workforce. Hence, applicants will not be discriminated on account of gender, sexual orientation, civil status, disability, religion, ethnicity, or political affiliation, provided, however that they meet the minimum requirements of the position to be filled”.
Failure to complete the submission of above documents within the set deadline shall mean disinterest to vie for the position paving the way for non-inclusion in the deliberation process.
CARMELITA S. CORBITO
Chief Administrative Officer Human Resource Management Division