TESD Specialist I (Re-Open)
POSITION: TESD Specialist I (Re-Open)
FORMER INCUMBENT: Newly Created
ITEM NUMBER: TESDA-OEOB-TESDS1-1-2018
OFFICE: ASIAN TECHNICAL VOCATIONAL EDUCATION RESOURCE CENTER, (ATVERC/LDD-NITESD) TESDA-CENTRAL OFFICE
SALARY: SG-13 Php25,232.00 PERA: P2,000.00
THE HIREE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
• Initiates the establishment and expansion of library services in school;
• Collects, prepares catalog, classifies and indexes books, periodicals, and magazines according to generally accepted standards and system.
• Selects and evaluates books periodicals, pamphlets and other library materials from approved list.
• Records, classifies, catalogs, prepares cards and date due slips to all books and other library materials before shelving
• Prepares library reports, bulletins and memoranda.
• Produces bibliographic entries of available library holdings.
• Handles library subscriptions, gifts and exchange work programs.
• Orders books and other printed materials and checks them upon arrival.
• Maintains an inventory of books, magazines and other library subscriptions and holdings.
• Assists library users in the utilization of card catalog, internet access and surfing.
• Conducts library orientations on the use of the library and its resources.
• Organizes vertical file materials.
• Prepares a listing of library print materials
• Performs library marketing i.e., promotions of the use of the school library and its resources.
• Links with institutions for acquisition of educational materials.
• Enforces rules and regulations and maintains discipline in the library.
• Performs other functions assigned by the immediate supervisor.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS OF THE HIREE ARE:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree relevant to the job
Experience: None required
Training: None required
Eligibility: Career Service (Professional)/Second Level Eligibility
• Good in oral and written communications;
• Computer literate;
• Has good moral character and work ethics;
• Has good interpersonal relationship and work attitude;
• Can work under pressure.
• Work effectively in vocational education and training
• Participate in workplace communication
• Work in team environment
• Interact with customers
• Implement quality standards and procedures
• Promote programs and services
• Manage the operation of the library
• Conduct physical inventory of library holdings
• Classify library holdings
• Upgrade library holdings
• Maintain library facilities
All interested applicants must submit their application together with the following documents to Human Resource Management Division, AS not later than April 29, 2019:
• Duly Accomplished Personal Data Sheet (CSC Form 212, Revised 2017) with experience sheet;
• Service Records;
• List of training programs attended indicating the no. of training hours together with the certified photocopies of training certificates;
• Performance Evaluation System (PES) Ratings for Calendar Year 2018 for outside applicants or Individual Performance Commitment Review (IPCR) ratings for January to June 2018 and July to December 2018/January to June 2018 for TESDA applicants or applicants from other government agencies of at least Very Satisfactory Rating;
• For government employee only: a copy of previous appointment;
• Potential Assessment Forms to be accomplished by your Immediate Supervisor and one (1) Peer;
• List of at least five (5) references for each category with contact details (residential/office address, telephone/cellphone number, e-mail address):
• Statement of duties and responsibilities for the positions held indicating the specified period covered (mm-dd-yy to mm-dd-yy);
• Certified true copy of transcript of records/diploma; and
• Certified true copy of Eligibility by CSC or PRC.
Failure to complete the submission of above documents within the set deadline shall mean disinterest to vie for the position paving the way for non-inclusion in the deliberation process.
“TESDA, as an Equal Opportunity agency, encourages a more diverse and inclusive workforce. Hence, applicants will not be discriminated on account of gender, sexual orientation, civil status, disability, religion, ethnicity, or political affiliation, provided, however, that they meet the minimum requirements of the position to be filled.”
MA. VERONICA M. SANDOVAL
Chief Administrative Officer
PUBLICATION DATE: April 15, 2019