15% - Using developed monitoring tools, monitor the ICT infrastructure health and analyze if there is performance degradation in any component of the ICT infrastructure; 15% - Handle the roll-out, administrative, and upkeep of the agency’s information and communications technology (ICT) databases/systems/applications at the regional level such as those related to the implementation of scholarship and financial system programs; 15% - Spearhead the implementation of the agency’s ICT programs, projects, and initiatives in the region; 10% - Provide the requisite ICT-related services to the units and personnel concerned in the RO; 10% - Document all monitored system health issues, service degradations, and interruptions. Ensure that all ICT maintenance tasks are properly documented; 10% - Manage and maintain ICT facilities of the agency; 10% - Maintain directory service of TESDA Region I. Ensure that user accounts are properly accounted for, request provision of accounts based on their job functions, and report inactive accounts to the ICTO due to separation of service; 10% - Formulate, recommend for the approval of developed systems and programs for the use of the personnel/operating units; and 5% - Perform such other duties as may be assigned to him or her.
Education: Bachelor’s degree relevant to the job Experience: 2 years of relevant experience Training: 8 hours of relevant training Eligibility: Career Service (Professional)/ Second Level Eligibility
•Exceptional skills in written and oral communication •Working knowledge on MS Office Applications •Good interpersonal relationship and work attitude •Good moral character and work ethics
All interested applicants must submit their application together with the following documents to https://bit.ly/TESDAOnlineRecruitmentForm not later than October 24, 2022:
- Intent Letter indicating the position, office where the vacancy exists and its Item Number);
- Duly accomplished Personal Data Sheet (CSC Form 212 Revised 2017) (printed in legal size paper) subscribed and sworn to with Work Experience Sheet (attachment to CSC Form 212, Revised 2017 can be downloaded at the CSC website);
- Service Records for TESDA applicants or applicants from other government agencies OR Certificate/s of Employment for outside applicants;
- List of training programs attended indicating the no. of training hours together with the certified photocopies of training certificates;
- Performance Evaluation System (PES) Ratings for Calendar Year 2021 for outside applicants OR Individual Performance Commitment Review (IPCR) ratings for January to June 2022 (with at least Very Satisfactory Rating) for TESDA applicants or applicants from other government agencies;
- Copy of previous appointment for TESDA applicants or applicants from other government agencies;
- List of at least five (5) references with complete contact details and email addresses for the following categories:
- Subordinates (if applicable)
- Clients (if applicable)
- Certified true copy of transcript of records/diploma;
- Authenticated copy of Eligibility by CSC or PRC;
- Awards related to Performance (proof of evidences in the form of citation, medal, plaque, for awards/rewards received) (if applicable);
- Expert Services (Resource Person/Speaker/Moderator/Panelist) (if applicable); and
- Committees/ TWGs Participation (proof of evidences in the form of memorandum, office order, and/or certification/certificates) (if applicable)
“TESDA, as an Equal Opportunity agency, encourages a more diverse and inclusive workforce. Hence, applicants will not be discriminated on account of gender, sexual orientation, civil status, disability, religion, ethnicity, or political affiliation, provided, however that they meet the minimum requirements of the position to be filled”.
Failure to complete the submission of above documents within the set deadline shall mean disinterest to vie for the position paving the way for non-inclusion in the deliberation process.
CARMELITA S. CORBITO
Chief Administrative Officer Human Resource Management Division