POSITION: LIBRARIAN (Job Order Basis)
OFFICE: TESDA WOMEN’S CENTER, TESDA-NCR
Gate 1, East Service Road South Superhighway, Taguig City
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
SALARY: P 1,000 per day
THE HIREE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
1. Initiates the establishment and expansion of library services in school;
2. Collects, prepares catalog, classifies and indexes books, periodicals, and magazines according to generally accepted standards and system.
3. Selects and evaluates books periodicals, pamphlets and other library materials from approved list.
4. Records, classifies, catalogs, prepares cards and date due slips to all books and other library materials before shelving
5. Prepares library reports, bulletins and memoranda.
6. Produces bibliographic entries of available library holdings.
7. Handles library subscriptions, gifts and exchange work programs.
8. Orders books and other printed materials and checks them upon arrival.
9. Maintains an inventory of books, magazines and other library subscriptions and holdings.
10. Assists library users in the utilization of card catalog, internet access and surfing.
11. Conducts library orientations on the use of the library and its resources.
12. Integrates library hour in English/ Filipino subjects.
13. Organizes vertical file materials.
14. Prepares a listing of library print materials
15. Performs library marketing i.e., promotions of the use of the school library and its resources.
16. Links with institutions for acquisition of educational materials.
17. Enforces rules and regulations and maintains discipline in the library.
18. Performs other functions assigned by the immediate supervisor.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS OF THE HIREE ARE:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or Information Science or Bachelor’s Degree major in Library Science; or Bachelor of Science in Education/Arts major in Library Science
Experience: Preferably 6 months to 1 year relevant experience
Training: 4 hours of relevant training
Eligibility: RA 1080 (Board Eligibility)
All interested applicants must submit their application together with the following documents to Ms. Janet A. Morales, HR Officer, TESDA Women's Center not later than June 15, 2017:
• Curriculum vitae/Recent Bio-data
• Certificate of Employment, if available;
• List of training programs attended indicating the no. of training hours with certified photocopies of training certificates;
• Certified true copy of transcript of records/diploma; and
• Certified true copy of Eligibility by CSC or PRC.
© 2019 - Developed by: TESDA Planning Office - Labor Market Information Division